Thursday 5 November 2009

Michal's diary of his stay in Italy




We arrived in Bologne on Saturday. We got on the minibus and set off for Pontedera. When we reached Pontedera a very nice family welcomed us. Everybody was happy and smiling which is rather a not a common sight in Poland. Although it was quite late they were full of energy having the time of their life. When I got into the car with my new friend Max we quickly started to talk on the way home. We went through the town and they showed me some things there. On arriving home I was welcomed by Max’s mother- a very kind and energetic woman. I looked around the house – everything seemed to be the same as in Poland, still I had a strange feeling that life had a different pace there. Time passes slowly and the people are kind and not as busy as in Poland. They have enough time for everything.
Next morning we were to go to Pisa. When I got on the bus I met some Turkish students and quickly made friends with them. The German girls were sitting behind me. They didn’t smile and I couldn’t work them out. But after some time they turned out to be cool – they were so serious because they didn’t know anybody there. We started to ask questions: where are you from ? what are your hobbies ? and so on. While talking we got some information about each country, for example we knew that the Greek students went to their own farm to pick olives just after finishing school. They also help their families to produce olive oil. They don’t have much time for learning. But the Turkish students have a very fine life – there isn’t any obligation, they just do what they feel like doing. The German students are very strict, everything must be planned. And finally we reached Pisa. Now I am sitting and looking at some pictures from Italy. I would like the same students to come to Poland but if others come it will be fine ,too.

Michał Skit

No comments: