Saturday 15 May 2010

Giulia's Diary of the Czech Republic Meeting



















On Sunday morning 29th November my friends Valentina, Giada and I met teacher Giovanni Fascetti at the airport and together took the plane to go to the Czech Republic.
We went there thanks to the “Comenius project” .
We were very excited!
We arrived at Prague airport in the afternoon and there the project’s teachers and students from other countries were waiting for us. All together we went to Pacov, where our hosting families lived. We met the families and went home for accommodation and dinner. My hosting family was very nice and pleasing. It was composed by four people: mother, father, a child and my girl Michaela. That night I was very tired and I went to bed very soon.

30th November
We got up and went to school.
The teachers prepared an activity for us : workshop “Christmas in our Country” and we had to prepare a large sheet of paper and stick our photos that were connect to Christmas time(showing a decorated tree, typical clothes, dinner, customs..). Later we had to make a little exhibition to present it. We made friends with some Turkish boys.

When we finished, we visited the small village and we went to the A. Sova Museum, where we could learn about Pacov’s history.
In the afternoon we visited a big farm called “Selekta Pacov”. That farm produces: seeds of starch potatoes, chips and table potatoes, milk. It breeds milking cows. Later we went home for dinner and went back to school to see a film together.

1st December
On Tuesday we visited Tabor, a large historical town
near Pacov which was the first “democracy” in the CR.
With a guide round the town we saw the catacombs,
an old underground path system.
We went there by bus and during the trip my friends and I made friends with the students from the other countries. The Romanian girls were very funny and we spoke very much.
In the afternoon we went back to school for a workshop: we had to make a calendar of festivals in our country. After dinner Valentina, Giada and I went to a pub near the school with our hosting girls.

2nd December
On Wednesday we met at school and went to Hluboká to visit the castle.
The castle is very big and beautiful, but there were some embalmed animals. =(

Later we went to Český Krumlov, and visited that city.

We went back to Pacov and went home for dinner,but in the evening we went at a Party in the school. It was very nice!! =)

3rd December

In the morning we went to an English Lesson with the Czech students.
Later we visited the town of Humpolec and Bernard brewery. It’s really nice and later we drank Bernard’s beer, and it was very good!! =)

Valentina, Giada and I had lunch with the Polish girls. They were very funny and we
went to eat pizza together.

Later my friends and I visited the city by our-selves and took many photos.
At six o’ clock we stayed at school for the presentations of all the countries about “An unusual fest in my country”. Giada and I made a little presentation on the Epiphany and on Easter.
We had dinner with the family and later Valentina, the Czech girls and I went to the pub in Pacov.

4th December

The Czech Republic students celebrated St Nicholas at school, an usual celebration in their school. When we went to school, we made a workshop : we painted Christmas. Valentina, Giada and I had fun with the colors and our poster was beautiful… =)

When we finished celebrating St Nicholas, my friends and I took some photos with the
masked student.
In the afternoon we went to Pelhřimov, at the Museum of Records. It’s very interesting! =)

When we arrived in Pacov we had dinner with families, packed our suitcase and said goodbye to our hosting families because we left for Prague.
At the bus, some girls cried, Giada, too. We arrived at the hotel in Prague at ten o’ clock. Before going to bed, we went for a small tour round Prague. We were exhausted!!


5th December

We got up very early and went shopping. After lunch we had a guided tour round Prague, and we saw the Royal Route, Prague Castle, St. Vitas Cathedral, the Golden Lane, the Lesser Town, St. Nicholas Church. We took many photos at Charles Bridge because there was a good sight!! =)

We loved the Old Town Square where we can see the beautiful clock.

We went out for dinner and later Valentina, Giada and I, with the teacher went to the disco “Le Pantere”, near the hotel. It was very nice! =)


6th December

In the morning my friends and I said goodbye to the students from other countries.
Later we did a last tour round Prague, and we went to a typical Czech market.
And shopping, shopping, shopping!!

After lunch we went to the airport and returned to Italy.
When I arrived home I was really exhausted!! But I was very happy because I could tell my family about my experience at and all thanks to Comenius Project. =)

No comments: